Personal Lines: Disciplinary Process for Performance Violations
ספטמבר 28, 2018
- Circumvents the document submission process
- Submits an ineligible risk
- Submits an uninsurable risk
- Posts premium on an unbound risk
- Fails to upload a premium finance company contract (when applicable)
- Incorrectly applies credits, discounts or surcharges
- Fails to acquire policyholder signature(s) on the application
Disciplinary Process for Performance Violations
If the agent submits:
Citizens will issue:
Citizens will impose:
Citizens will impose:
30 or fewer submissions
A warning notice if the agent receives more than three performance violations
A 30-day suspension if the agent receives three or more additional performance violations in the six months after the warning notice
A 90-day suspension if the agent receives one performance violation in the six months after completing the 30-day suspension
Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent performance violations within 90 days after completing the 90-day suspension
31 or more submissions
A warning notice if the agent receives performance violations in 10 percent or more of their submissions
A 30-day suspension if the agent receives five or more additional performance violations in the six months after the warning notice
A 90-day suspension if the agent receives three or more performance violations in six months after completing the 30-day suspension
Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent performance violations within 90 days after the 90-day suspension
- Violations cannot be removed through corrective action taken after the violation occurs. For more details, refer to the resources below.
- Nothing in this communication alters or affects Citizens' disciplinary process for tracking or measuring late submissions.
- Performance violations and late submissions follow two different disciplinary tracks.
- Agent Updates: Personal Lines: Agent Performance Standards Program
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Performance Standards Program Updates
- Training → Personal for the following:
- Disputing a Performance Violation job aid
- Managing Late-Submission Violations job aid
- New Business: Submission through Issuance module
- Uploading and Linking Documents job aid
- Creating an Effective Date Change Request job aid
- Cancelling a Bound Submission with Payment job aid
- Personal Lines Required Document Guides
- Note: These guides also are on the PR-M and PR-W pages of the Personal section of the Agents site.
- myAgency → Agency Forms → General for Agent/Agency Disciplinary Action Appeals Procedures
- Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from the website’s top menu. Enter Performance Violation in the search field.
- Note: Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top-right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter®.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.