Process Changes for New-Business Submissions and Policy Change Requests
octobre 02, 2017
- The new-business submission status is Pending Payment and Bound-Approved or Bound-Unapproved.
- A payment has not been applied.
- The requested effective date is all of the following:
- Due to a real estate closing
- Within 45 days of the original effective date
- Must be a date in the future (i.e., not the current date or backdated)
- Must submit a policy change or create a General Reminder activity to submit a policy change once the policy is issued
- Each change should be initialed by the policyholder.
- If not initialed by the policyholder, the agent must initial and date the document to confirm they have reviewed and acted on the request.
- Must contact Underwriting for direction when the change potentially affects the insurability of the risk
- Should, as a best practice, enter a note in PolicyCenter® when a policy change is initiated
- Personal Lines: Agent Activities Overview
- Personal Lines: Adding, Updating or Removing the Mortgagee or Payor
- Personal Lines: Creating an Effective Date Change Request
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.