Reinstatement of Disciplinary Process for Binding Violations
juin 27, 2016
- Circumventing the Document Submission Process: Uploading of any documentation that is incorrect, incomplete or unacceptable for the document indicated.
- Ineligible Risk: Submitting insufficient documentation to establish that the risk meets Citizens’ eligibility requirement (no offer of coverage or the 15-percent rule).
- Uninsurable Risk: Submitting an application for a risk that is uninsurable as defined in the Personal Residential Multiperil (PR-M) and Personal Residential Wind-Only (PR-W) manuals.
- Premium Posted on Unbound Risk: Posting of a premium on an unbound new-business application prior to Underwriting’s review and approval, regardless of the final determination of eligibility or insurability.
|Disciplinary Process for Binding Violations |
(based on a 12-month rolling cycle)
|If the agent submits:|| || || || |
|30 or fewer submissions:||A warning notice if the agent receives more than three binding violations.||A 30-day suspension if the agent receives three or more additional binding violations in the six months after the warning notice.||A 90-day suspension if the agent receives one binding violation in the six months after completing the 30-day suspension.||Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent binding violations within 90 days after completing the 90-day suspension.|
|31 or more submissions||A warning notice if the agent receives binding violations in 10 percent or more of their submissions.||A 30-day suspension if the agent receives five or more additional binding violations in the six months after the warning notice.||A 90-day suspension if the agent receives three or more binding violations in six months after completing the 30-day suspension.||Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent binding violations within 90 days after the 90-day suspension.|
- How can I avoid binding violations? FAQ (Also known as Search Frequently Asked Questions and Knowledge Base) Answer ID 2547
- PolicyCenter webinars (upcoming and recorded) in the Training section
- Modules and job aids in the Training section
- Personal lines underwriting manuals
- New-Business Submission Checklist in Personal > PR-M or PR-W > Spotlight > Resources
- How can I dispute a binding violation? FAQs Answer ID 1210
- Disputing a Binding Violation job aid on the Training page
- How can I appeal the binding violation disciplinary action? FAQs Answer ID 3277
- Disciplinary Action Appeals Procedures in myAgency > Agent Compliance > Spotlight
- Late submissions will not be tracked at this time, but may be at a later date.
- Nothing in this communication shall be construed to alter, amend, modify or replace Section VI.B.3.b. of the agent and agency agreements. Citizens may impose disciplinary action as a result of any circumstance set forth in the agreements, including any material violation of the agreements or items incorporated therein.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.