PolicyCenter Billing Method and Payor Updates
octobre 23, 2015 - IE #035-15
Citizens is updating policies that were impacted by the duplicate mortgage company issue announced in IE #006-15, and the process could take several months. As Citizens updates these policies:
- For policies where a mortgage company was listed as a direct-bill payor, Citizens will correct the Billing Method to Mortgagee Bill. The corrected information will appear in the Billing Method and Alt Billing Account fields on the policy’s Billing screen:
Figure 1: Billing screen
- The following note will be added to impacted policies in PolicyCenter®:
Subject: Mortgagee bill correction
Text: Since the mortgagee was a direct bill payor, the billing method has been corrected to “Mortgagee Bill.” The “Billing” screen now displays the “Alt Billing Account” as <Account number (Account Name)>. (US19849)
- Amended Declarations pages will be mailed.
For details about payors on a policy, refer to the following job aids, which appear on the Training page:
- Commercial lines: Adding or Updating a Mortgagee
- Commercial lines: Adding a Premium Finance Company
- Personal lines: Adding, Updating or Removing a Premium Finance Company as the Payor
- Personal lines: Adding, Updating or Removing the Mortgagee or Payor
- Personal lines: Adding or Updating a Payor to the Insured or a Third Party
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.