Performance Standards Program Updates
joulukuuta 29, 2017
- After a brief hiatus, during which we made system enhancements, Citizens will reimplement the disciplinary action for late submissions bound on or after January 1, 2018.
- In addition to the four binding violation types listed in the June 27, 2016, Personal Lines Bulletin, Citizens will expand the types later in 2018 to include:
- Failure to upload a premium finance company contract (when applicable)
- Incorrect application of credits
- Failure to acquire policyholder signature(s) on the application
- The disciplinary thresholds for warning, suspension and termination will not change and are outlined in the December 20, 2013, agent communication.
- Violations cannot be:
- Removed through corrective action taken after the violation occurs
- Reassigned to a licensed customer representative
- Citizens will communicate more about the new binding violations later in 2018.
- Five business days from the receipt of the Late-Submission Violation Notice
- Five calendar days from the receipt of the Binding Violation - Issued activity
Note: Currently, the binding violation activity on the My Activities screen indicates a window of five business days, but the Dispute button displays for only five calendar days. This system defect will be corrected later in 2018; the Dispute button then will be visible for five business days.
- Managing Late-Submission Violations job aid for preventing and disputing a late-submission violations
- Disputing a Binding Violation job aid
- New Business: Submission through Issuance module
- Uploading and Linking Documents job aid
- Creating an Effective Date Change Request job aid
- Binding violation
- Bound Submission
- Change Date
Note: Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top-right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.