Voluntary Electronic Signature Submissions
heinäkuuta 29, 2015 - IE #027-15
Beginning August 1, 2015, Citizens will accept agents’, applicants’ and policyholders’ electronic signatures (also called esignatures) on all required documents, with two exceptions that require “wet” signatures:
- Due to statutory requirements, policyholder statements to exclude windstorm coverage and/or contents coverage
- Notarized forms and required forms signed by a customer’s authorized representative
- Submitting esignatures on required documents is voluntary.
- Esignatures must be obtained through the use of third-party esignature providers.
- Forms signed with esignatures must be submitted to Citizens via PolicyCenter® and ePAS, as applicable.
- Agents and agencies using esignatures are responsible for all associated costs and for ensuring that such use complies with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Agents and agency principals are encouraged to review their respective Agent Appointment Agreement and Agency Agreement documents and must continue to comply with such agreements. In particular, note the provisions of the agreements pertaining to Records Custody and Retention and Citizens’ Confidential Information.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.