20171212 - System Access for Licensed Customer Representatives - Public
Publicador de contenidos
System Access for Licensed Customer Representatives
December 12, 2017
As part of Citizens’ information security requirements, all licensed customer representatives (LCRs) who have a 4-40 license and support an agency’s Citizens customers must have their own login credentials to access PolicyCenter®, the Property Insurance Clearinghouse and the Agents website.
Only appointed agency principals (APs) and AP designees can submit requests to provide, update or terminate credentials for their agency’s LCRs via the Contact Us page on the Agents site. Choose Licensed Customer Representative (LCR) Request from the Topic drop-down menu, select a Sub Topic and complete the necessary fields.
LCRs can be credentialed for one or all agency location(s). These location options are provided under the Add multiple LCRs to your agency? question on the Contact Us page.
Once Citizens processes the request, the LCR will receive a New Account Notification email from email@example.com, which will provide their username and instructions to access the Citizens Authentication Gateway (CAG) to activate their system-user account.
- Can submit new business on behalf of a Citizens-appointed agent in their agency location(s), which is based on the lines of business authority of the agent for whom the LCR is submitting
- Cannot submit new business on behalf of an agent whose Citizens appointment has been suspended
- Can access activities assigned to agents within their agency location(s) and add comments, complete, close or reassign the activities to themselves, agents or other credentialed LCRs within their agency location(s). For more details, refer to the Personal Lines job aid: Reassigning Activities, which is available via the Agents site by selecting Training → PolicyCenter → Servicing Policies.
- Receives Citizens’ agent communication emails that provide important information about Citizens’ rates, rules, process updates, system enhancements and training opportunities
- Has access to Knowledge Base content that applies to agents and agency staff who support Citizens customers
Sharing Credentials is Prohibited
To ensure financial and personal information is protected, sharing credentials between LCRs and agents is not allowed. The Information Security Requirements for Agencies exhibit in the Citizens Agent Appointment Agreement states that access to confidential information must be restricted to staff who need it to perform their job duties and that each of those individuals must obtain unique system access credentials.
Citizens will monitor simultaneous use of login credentials between agency staff and work with agency principals to enforce this security requirement.
Free Online Course for LCRs
Citizens has developed a free online course called Overview of Assignment of Benefits and Managed Repair Program. This 30-minute course is recommended for all credentialed LCRs.
Once an LCR receives their CAG user-access email, they will receive two emails about the course:
- Login information to Citizens’ Learning Management System (LMS), including a temporary password
- Information about the Overview of Assignment of Benefits and Managed Repair Program course
LCR Course Access
- Log into the Agents section of Citizens’ website.
- Select Systems on the top menu bar.
- Select Learning Management System in the drop-down menu.
- Enter their Department of Financial Services (DFS) license number in the User ID field (Use capital letter) and their LMS password. If they do not remember their LMS password or never received it, click Forgot Password? and follow the prompts. For assistance, call Citizens’ Systems Support at 800.575.3727.
- Click Start Course to launch the course.
For more details, select Search from the website’s top menu, then Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and enter LCR into the search field.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.