20170929 - New Online Payment Option for Policyholders - Public
Publicador de contenidos
New Online Payment Option for Policyholders
September 29, 2017
In addition to submitting premium payments by mail, phone and online via Manage myPolicy, policyholders now can make one-time payments via their bank account on the Citizens website.
Accessing Online Payments
This new payment option is available on the right side of the Payments page on the Public site:
Figure 1: One-Time Payment option on Payments page
Policyholders and agents also can access the Payments page by selecting the new Payments link on the global bar of the Public and Agents sites:
Figure 2: Payments option in the global bar on the Public site
To make a one-time payment, the following information must be entered:
- Eight-digit policy number
- ZIP code of the property address
- A valid email address
- Bank account information (i.e., type of account, account holder name, routing number and bank account number)
- Payments can be made only for the amount on an invoice.
- Payment must come from a checking or savings account in a U.S. bank and will be debited within three business days
- Credit card, debit card and electronic check conversion payments are not accepted.
- The payment will post to PolicyCenter® within 30 minutes in most cases. Due to system issues, there will be rare cases when it will post by the next calendar day.
- A confirmation email will be sent within 15 minutes after the payment is submitted.
- Agents must continue to make payment plan changes in PolicyCenter.
- Policyholders making payments on multiple policies must do so in separate online transactions; they should not use the back button.
- Payments submitted by agents or agency staff on behalf of a policyholder must continue to be entered in PolicyCenter or by mail.
- The system will not allow payments and will display an appropriate message when a payment is attempted for any of the following:
- Policy is mortgagee billed.
- Policy is inactive or cancelled.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.