Post-Irma Information and New Conference Call Number
septiembre 13, 2017
- Invites all our appointed agents to join us for a daily teleconference call with a simultaneous webinar to advise of our post-storm operations. Beginning Thursday, September 14, we have a new teleconference number. You can call in to the teleconferences (for audio only) and/or register for the optional webinars via the links below.
Live Q&A for Agents: Hurricane Irma
|Date||Time||Toll-free number and access code||Register for webinars|
|10:00 a.m.||888.632.3382 |
|10:00 a.m.||888.632.3382 |
Note: These new phone numbers and code allow for live Q&A. Please use them instead of the information posted earlier.
- Will deploy our mobile Catastrophe Response Centers (CRCs) to impacted areas to provide in-person service to our policyholders who may be cut off from their usual means of communication. Citizens’ CRC staff will:
- Process first notices of loss (FNOL)
- Make advance payments for additional living expenses, when warranted
- Answer questions and offer general assistance
- Phone: 850.513.3774 (office) or 850.264.7702 (mobile)
- Email: Use the Contact Us feature on the Public site and select Media Request from the Topic drop-down box
- Take reasonable emergency measures for the sole purpose of protecting the property from further damage when experiencing a loss.
- Give prompt loss notice to Citizens. Except for the policy provisions regarding reasonable emergency measures, there may be no coverage for permanent repairs that begin before one of the following occurs:
- 72 hours after the loss is reported to Citizens
- Loss is inspected by Citizens
- Verbal or written approval is provided by Citizens
- At a Glance: Policy Language Changes that Impact Claim Payments and Coverage
- Emergency Repairs: flyer for affected policyholders (En español)
- How to report a claim after Hurricane Irma job aid
- Citizens’ Hurricane Irma webpage
- Agent Updates: Preparation for Hurricane Irma
- Catastrophe Claims webpage
- Assignment of Benefits webpage
- Book of business listings
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Personal Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes and Sub-Loss Causes for a First Notice of Loss (FNOL) job aid
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Commercial Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes with Dependent Sub-Loss Causes job aid
- Phone: 800.737.5822, weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Email: Use the Contact Us feature on the Agents website
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.