20170721 - PolicyCenter Enhancements - Public
Publicador de contenidos
July 21, 2017
Citizens has made two enhancements in PolicyCenter® to assist agents with servicing their customers. These new enhancements are effective immediately and are outlined below.
Cancelling a Bound Submission
PolicyCenter will approve the cancellation request automatically; however, an Underwriter must approve a cancellation when any of the following are true:
- It requires a mailing address change.
- The effective date is backdated more than 30 days.
- The reason is Insured Request – Insured deceased.
- A pending cancellation for nonpayment supersedes an agent request for cancellation.
- If no payment has been received, the agent must withdraw the submission.
For step-by-step instructions for withdrawing a submission and cancelling a policy, see the Resources section below.
Streamlined Mailings to Policy Mailing Address
- Access the Training ⇒ Personal page for the Withdrawing a Transaction and Cancelling a Bound Submission job aids.
- Select Search from the website’s top menu, then Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and enter the following terms into the search field:
- 1973 for cancelling a policy
- 2195 for withdrawing a submission
Note: Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.