20170417 - PolicyCenter Enhanced to Avoid Late-Submission Violations - Public
Publicador de contenidos
PolicyCenter Enhanced to Avoid Late-Submission Violations
April 17, 2017
Citizens has made several enhancements in PolicyCenter® to assist agents with completing new-business submissions and avoiding late-submission violations. These new features are effective immediately and are outlined below.
Required Documents Enhancements
- The Finish button on the Required Documents screen has been renamed SUBMIT.
- PolicyCenter now displays a message on the screen alerting agents that they must select SUBMIT to send the submission to Underwriting for review.
Enhancements for Withdrawing a Bound Submission
Agents now can withdraw an approved and bound submission when no payment has been applied. To do so, select Withdraw Transaction from the Close Options drop-down list on the Required Documents screen.
Note: Once a payment is applied, agents cannot withdraw the submission. Agents can upload a written cancellation request from their customer and contact Underwriting to request an expedited cancellation and refund.
Late-Submission Alert Activity
Agents now receive a Late-submission Alert for Required Documents activity on the sixth business day after the policy’s effective date, for a submission that is in Issuance Bound-Approved or Issuance Bound-Unapproved status, when any of the following are true:
- One or more required documents are not uploaded.
- The agent has not selected the SUBMIT button.
The activity instructs the agent to do one of the following:
- Upload all required documents and select the SUBMIT button on the Required Documents screen to send the submission to Underwriting.
- Withdraw the submission if the customer no longer needs coverage and payment is not applied.
- Request cancellation and upload documentation if the customer no longer needs coverage and payment has been posted.
If the agent does not take one of the above actions, PolicyCenter sends the agent a Late-Submission Violation Issued activity 16 calendar day after the policy’s effective date. The activity instructs the agent to open an attached document to review details of the late-submission violation. The document will advise the agent that:
- Failure to upload all required documents will result in cancellation/declination of the policy.
- The document explains how to dispute the violation.
- The violation cannot be cured through corrective action taken after the violation occurs.
Late-Submission Violations Appeal Process
To appeal a late-submission violation, an agent can select the Dispute Violation button in the Late-Submission Violation Issued activity.
- To dispute, the agent must complete all required text fields within the activity, link any supporting documentation and submit it within five business days.
- The activity will be sent to Agent Compliance staff to review, and one of the following activities will be sent to advise the agent of their decision:
- Late-Submission Violation Removed
- Late-Submission Violation Dispute Denied
- Agency principals will continue to receive email notification of their agents’ late-submission violations.
Log in to the Agents site, and refer to the following resources:
- Access the Training pages for the following:
- Access Personal Lines New-Business Submission Checklist and Details on the Personal page of the Training section and the PR-M and PR-W pages of the Personal section on the Agents site.
- Select Search from the website’s top menu, then Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and enter late submission or upload documents in the search field.
- Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.