Citizens will be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday, November 25 at 2 p.m. through Friday, November 27. To report a loss during this time, submit a claim via myPolicy 24/7 or contact our toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Monday, November 30.
Publicador de contenidos
Update for 2012 Florida Insurance Guaranty Association Assessments
January 06, 2016
The December 1, 2015, start date for the 2012 Florida Insurance Guaranty Association Assessment (FIGA), which was announced in ATB #009-15, has been changed for personal lines policies:
- The new start date of the recoupment of the 2012 FIGA regular assessment will apply to all new and renewal personal lines policies with effective dates on or after January 10, 2016.
- The 2012 FIGA regular assessment will not be applied to new and renewal personal lines policies effective December 1, 2015, through January 9, 2016.
- The assessment does not apply to Citizens Homeowners 8 – Modified Coverage Form (CIT HO-8) policies.
- The assessment factor of 0.0030 (or 0.30 percent) has not changed from ATB #009-15.
- The assessment, which is noted on Declarations pages under the additional charges section, will be applied to all new and renewal policies for approximately one year or until the assessed amount is collected, whichever comes first.
- Commercial lines policies are not affected by this new start date.
For more information regarding FIGA, visit www.figafacts.com.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.