New Agent of Record Transfer Procedures
marzo 24, 2015 - IE #012-15
- One policy per transfer form
- Do not submit the AOR requests in PolicyCenter®
- Citizens will not transfer the policy to the requesting agent
- Citizens will email a Rescission of Request to Change Agent of Record notification to the requesting agent and agency principal, informing them that we will not process the AOR transfer request. A copy of their original form and the rescission request will be attached.
- Citizens will email a Confirmation of Change in Agent of Record notice to the requesting agent and agency principal.
- Citizens will mail a Notice of Agent Change to the policyholder, requesting agency and any additional interest(s) listed on the policy.
- If there are policy changes, submit a policy change request after receiving the Confirmation of Change in Agent of Record.
- The agency requesting the AOR transfer must not withhold renewal premium payments on policies awaiting AOR transfers; Citizens cannot transfer an AOR for policies pending cancellation or in a cancelled status.
- Commissions will be paid to the AOR on file at the time Citizens processes the premium payment, in the applicable commission month.
- The effective date of the AOR transfer is the date on the Confirmation of Change in Agent of Record notice.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed. Citizens will email an Unable to Process Your Request to the requesting agency/agent.
- A note will display in PolicyCenter when the AOR transfer form has been processed.
- A policy that is in a submission, withdrawn, cancelled or nonrenewal status or that has been selected for assumption is not eligible for an AOR change.
- Agents and policyholders should allow at least 15 business days after Citizens receives the first Agent of Record Transfer Form for confirmation of any change.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.