20171002 - Process Changes for New-Business Submissions and Policy Change Requests - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Process Changes for New-Business Submissions and Policy Change Requests
October 02, 2017
Citizens has implemented several changes to improve processing times and provide a better experience for agents and agency staff.
Updated Activity Name for Adding a New Mortgage Company
The Request to Open a New List Bill Account BC activity name has been changed to Request to Create a New Mortgage Company.
Agents should submit the activity via the Actions menu when a mortgage company is not listed in the Search Results section on the Search Mortgage Company screen and the policy is mortgagee-billed. For processing details, refer to the Resources section below.
Note: In some instances, agents may receive an alert message after selecting Premium Estimate that instructs them to complete the Request to Open a New List Bill Account activity. This message will be updated in the future to include the new activity name.
Citizens no longer will review handwritten changes on documents uploaded after a new-business submission has been approved or for policy change requests that do not require review by Underwriting.
If an agent or their customer needs to make a change or add a note to an approved new-business application or policy change document, the agent:
- Must submit a policy change or create a General Reminder activity to submit a policy change once the policy is issued
- Each change should be initialed by the policyholder.
- If a change is not initialed by the policyholder, the agent must initial and date the document to confirm they have reviewed and acted on the request.
- Must contact Underwriting for direction when the change potentially affects the insurability of the risk
- Should, as a best practice, enter a note in PolicyCenter® when a policy change is initiated
Log in to the Agents site, and select Training → Commercial for the following job aids:
- Commercial Lines: Adding or Updating a Mortgagee
- Commercial Lines: Selecting User-Generated Agent Activities
For more information, agents can log in to the Agents site and from the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and enter add mortgagee into the search field.
Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.