20231019 - Citizens Now Accepts Credit Cards! - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Citizens Now Accepts Credit Cards!
October 19, 2023
Citizens now accepts credit cards for online payments, and the electronic payment interface has been updated with a new look and more options for customers.
The credit cards listed below are now accepted for payments for Personal and Commercial lines of business:
Online payments can be made using the following payment methods:
- e-check/automated clearing house (ACH)
- Debit card
- Credit card
Additionally, policyholders using myPolicy can safely store their banking information. An autopay option will be available at a later date.
- Customers paying by credit card will be charged a 2.35% service fee by Paymentus, the new payment vendor, for each payment. The service fee will not appear in PolicyCenter®. This will result in two entries on the customers' credit card statement (one for the Citizens premium and one for the service fee).
- For agents, myAgency renewals will continue to be free from a service fee.
- There is a $100,000 limit per credit card transaction.
- The pay-by-phone option is not available for credit card payments at this time.
- Payments can be made only for the amount selected.
Payment Time Frames and Confirmation
Payment time frames will vary and depend on the policyholder’s financial institution, but funds normally will be posted to the policy the same day. A payment receipt with a confirmation number will be provided at the time of payment. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address entered at the time of payment. The confirmation email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to the Agents website for:
- Select Training > Personal Job Aids > Making an Online Payment.
- Select PR-M or PR-W > General > Single E-Payment Authorization Form (updated).
- Select Training > Commercial Lines Job Aids > Making an Online Payment.
- Select the appropriate commercial policy form type > General > Single E-Payment Authorization Form (updated).
On the Public website:
Policyholders can search frequently asked questions (FAQs) and enter payment or e-payments in the Search field.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.