20171130 - Agent-Initiated Cancellation Request Enhancements - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Agent-Initiated Cancellation Request Enhancements
November 30, 2017
Citizens has made enhancements in PolicyCenter® to assist commercial agents with submitting cancellation requests. These enhancements are similar to the Personal Lines cancellation process and are outlined below.
With the enhancements:
- An agent can indicate a change of mailing address in the cancellation request, and:
- An Underwriter will complete a policy change for the mailing address
- The policy will reflect the new mailing address when the policy change is issued
- The cancellation request provides a list of the required document(s), based on the cancellation reason, with the ability to upload document(s) within the request. An agent must select the applicable document(s) unless PolicyCenter determines only one document is necessary.
- If an agent needs to make any changes after selecting Start Cancellation, they must withdraw and re-create the cancellation request.
- PolicyCenter automatically will:
- Create a policy note when an agent submits a cancellation request with a mailing address change
- Complete the cancellation activity when the Underwriter approves or declines the cancellation request
- Withdraw the cancellation request when it’s been declined by an Underwriter
- Create a policy note when an Underwriter has declined the cancellation request with the decline reasons
Log in to the Agents site, and select Training → PolicyCenter → Servicing Policies → Commercial for the following job aid and module:
For more information, log in to the Agents site and, from the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and enter cancel policy.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.