Revised Policy Language: Accidental Discharge or Overflow of Water or Steam
August 01, 2016
As announced on April 27, 2016, Personal Lines Bulletin: Changes to Policy Language that Impact Claim Payments and Coverage, Citizens implemented policy language changes regarding the peril of Accidental Discharge or Overflow of Water or Steam for the following policy forms:
- Citizens Homeowners 3 – Special Form (CIT HO-3)
- Citizens Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Form (CIT HO-6)
- Dwelling Property 3 – Special Form (CIT DP-3)
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) approved the following revisions to the language, which are in Section I – Perils Insured Against, for the above policy forms for new business and renewal policies effective on or after October 1, 2016:
- Tear-out coverage is limited to access only to the part or portion of the system or appliance causing a covered loss.
- Coverage does not include the repair or replacement of the system or appliance that caused the covered loss.
These revisions are reflected in the policy forms and Notice of Change in Policy Terms (policyholder notices) under the appropriate policy form pages on the Personal section of the Agents site.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.