Citizens will be closed on Monday, July 4, for Independence Day. To report a loss during this time, submit a claim via myPolicy 24/7 or contact our toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, July 5.
Web Content Display (Global)
June 20, 2016
Effective August 1, 2016, for personal lines new-business policies, Citizens will accept lender-placed coverage as prior insurance.
When an agent uploads the new required documents noted below, a policyholder with lender-placed coverage in effect within 45 days of the policy’s effective date will not be subject to:
- The 30-day waiting period before binding coverage
- The no-prior-insurance surcharge of 10 percent
- "Lender-placed” terminology will replace “force-placed” in all of Citizens’ materials and in PolicyCenter®.
- This change does not apply to tenant-named insured and condominium-unit owner policies.
- In addition to the required documents outlined below, the agent also must upload proof of lender-placed coverage.
New Required Documents
To support insurability, agents must upload the required document noted below:
- For Personal Residential Multiperil risks: 4-Point Inspection Form (regardless of the age of property)
- For Personal Residential Wind-Only risks: Roof Condition Certification Form
The form must have been completed within 10 calendar days prior to the policy’s effective date.
For additional details, log in to the Agents site and see the underwriting manuals.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.