Citizens will be closed on Monday, May 30, for Memorial Day. To report a loss during this time, submit a claim via myPolicy 24/7 or contact our toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, May 31.
Web Content Display (Global)
Payments via Automated Phone System
May 02, 2016
Citizens personal lines policyholders now can pay their premium payments via our new automated phone payment system at no additional cost.
Policyholders can use this system (in English and in Spanish) by calling 888.685.1555 and choosing the prompt for If you want to make a payment by phone. Customer Care Center Representatives are unable to take payments over the phone, but can transfer the policyholder to the automated phone payment system.
- Policyholders will need to provide their eight-digit policy number, the property address ZIP code and the bank routing and account numbers. The policy number entered should include the leading zeros, but should not include the leading letters included on the invoice or the term number after the dash.
- Payments must come from a checking or savings account in a U.S. bank.
- Credit card, debit card and electronic check conversion payments are not accepted.
- Payments cannot be made for new-business submissions, via the automated phone system, until the policy is issued.
- Payments processed prior to 2 p.m., ET, Monday through Friday, post to the policy the same day.
- Payments processed after 2 p.m., ET, and on weekends or holidays, post to the policy the following business day.
- Agents cannot submit payments via the automated phone system. Payments submitted by agents or agency staff on behalf of a policyholder must continue to be entered online, via Citizens’ policy system, or by mail. All payment guidelines outlined in the Agent Appointment Agreement and in the underwriting manuals located on the Personal section of Agents site still will apply.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.