Policy Contacts and Mailing Address Updates
February 29, 2016
Citizens continues to improve PolicyCenter® for managing contacts and updating policy mailing addresses. The changes outlined below are effective immediately. For more details, log in to the Agents site and refer to the job aids and modules on the PolicyCenter training pages.
Account Holder Information
- When creating a new submission, PolicyCenter prefills the First Named Insured and Policy Mailing Address fields using the Account Holder information:
- Agents can edit these fields in the submission transaction.
- Edited contact information will apply only to the submission and does not impact the Account Holder information.
- Once the first submission for an account is approved by Underwriting, PolicyCenter creates a new Role for the Account Holder in Account File Contacts: Named Insured. See Figure 1 below.
- As additional submissions associated with an account are created, PolicyCenter creates an account contact that is unique for each submission. This results in multiple listings of the same contact person or company on the Account File Contacts screen.
To verify which policy the contact is associated with, select the contact and click the Associated Policies tab:
Figure 1: Associated Policies tab on the Account File Contacts screen
Note: When a submission is withdrawn, any corresponding edits to the First Named Insured contact information are deleted.
Adding Location Contacts
When adding the same Location Contact to multiple locations/buildings on the same policy, agents should enter Location Contact details once. To add the contact to additional locations/buildings, select Existing Location Contact on the Location Contacts Add drop-down list:
Figure 2: Add Location Contacts drop-down options on the Location Information screen
Policy Mailing Address Updates
When an agent edits the Policy Mailing Address on the Policy Info screen, the Change To: drop-down options have been updated to display:
- Existing Address, when applicable
- Update Address
This system update allows PolicyCenter to set the first named insured’s primary mailing address with data to match the edited Policy Mailing Address data.
Figure 3: New Change To: drop-down options in the Policy Mailing Address section
Note: If the first named insured is associated with more than one policy, the mailing address change must be submitted for each policy via a policy change transaction.
Entering a Care of Mailing Address
When adding or updating a mailing address that includes care of (i.e., c/o):
- Enter the c/o information in the Address Line 1 field.
- Enter the street or P.O. Box address in the Address Line 2 field.
- Select Override from the Address drop-down options.
- The address will print as follows:
Street or P.O. Box address
City, State ZIP
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.